Welcome
Welcome to MicroAPL's Support Forum for APLX.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Installation of 32-bit aplx in Opensuse 13.1

Topics specific to APLX running under Linux

Installation of 32-bit aplx in Opensuse 13.1

Postby glarocque_Canada » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:29 am

I installed the 32-bit version of aplx (version 5) in Opensuse 13.1. I did not upgrade from Opensuse 12.3, but installed 13.1 from scratch on a new computer. So, there were some issues that I had to deal with because Opensuse 13.1 does not install all the 32-bit libraries that are needed to run aplx 32-bit. In case other people come across the same issues, I would like to describe what I had to do. So, they won't have to look for solutions.

- The 32-bit version of libSM.so.6 must be installed in /urs/lib/. The same file in /usr/lib64 works only for 64-bit applications. The 32-bit version of libSM.so.6 can be installed from the OpenSuse repository site.

- In /usr/lib/, link libjpeg.so.6.2 to libjpeg.so.8.0.2 and to libjpeg.so.62. For any reason, the verification of the version of libjpeg.so.x.x greater or equal to 6.2 does not always return a positive result.

Everything works great. However, when I launch aplx from a terminal, I get the following message:
"Line 39: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (iso_8859_1): No such file or directory."
This appears to be related to the last statement in startaplx. It does not seem to have any
bearing on running aplx, but I am curious what it is all about.

Maybe I should get the 64-bit versions (Windows and Linux) to avoid the 32-bit library issues. Well, I am seriously
thinking about it. :)

Thanks

Guy Larocque
glarocque_Canada

Return to APLX for Linux

suspicion-preferred